Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Determination

The legacy of a life is determined by the mark one leaves behind. It has always been my dream to positively impact the course of the human race, and become an individual remembered for centuries to come. Indeed my passion for history stems from my admiration of historical figures that single handedly altered our very existence through their possession of emotions such as determination and courage. My dedicated study of the prominent characters of the past has taught me that greatness is not something that one can receive, but rather is a rare level of focus and commitment that one must achieve. If I were freed from the worldly restraints of money and material goods, I would begin my journey of helping others by becoming a pro bono surgeon. With my training and knowledge I would travel the world and provide completely free medical care to people in need. Along the way I would distribute valuable medications and medical equipment to regions that previously could not afford these resources. After a number of years into these endeavors I would hope to have enough support to start a foundation dedicated to the allocation of medical materials and hospital personnel to these impoverished areas. My accomplishments would give the world’s deprived citizens the priceless gift of good health and also a more equitable opportunity to succeed. Even though a limitless bank account would further my ability to achieve my dream of changing the face of world health care, the motivation to do so can only come from within. No matter what the circumstances are, I can realize my dreams through my desire to change the future, and leave my signature upon the history books I love so dearly.

No comments: